I’ve been having a lot of fun playing around with the new PI tools. Here are some of the things I have found.
- The only pitcher of any significance to wear #1: Matt Young
- In 2012 the Mets scored 43.5% of their runs with 2 outs, the most in baseball.
- Yankee killers: Players who smacked the Yanks around much better than they hit everyone else. #1 Richard Hidalgo, #5 Luis Tiant!
- Here are 19 players whose only career HR was a grand slam. The list includes Felix Hernandez , Shaun Marcum and J
- Player with the most career HR all solo shots (among those available in the PI) : Todd Dunwoody
- Watch for
AlexeiRamirez to start slow. His career OPS is .725, but only .561 early.This is the 8th worst difference: among players with 3000 PA
- On the other hand Matt Kemp is a fast starter. His career OPS in March/April is 1.024, but overall it’s .853 That difference is the 4th most on record.
- Ryota Igarashi faced 351 batters in his career, 31 with bases loaded. This 8.8% rate is the most on record (50+ IP)
- Rockies starters only pitched 53.8% of the teams’ innings in 2012; by far the lowest on record.